Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Updated Intro

Namastè!

After a year or so (okay, so it's totally been a year, a month, and two days) on the blog scene, I decided I should likely update my intro.

My name, in case you somehow missed it in the branding, is Tayè K. I won't divulge the K, but if you know me then you also know that K is a mouthful! I am a happily married mama who happens to love writing, taking pics, and making life do what I want it to do. I'm still ironing out the kinks in that last bit, because life does what life wants, not so much what I want. It's a work in progress. The progress is a mostly joyful process, so no complaints.

As a blogger, I generally stick to what I know, unless I'm sharing a learning journey--in which case I go for what I don't know and drag you along so in the end, we can learn and eventually know it together!

I don't entertain politics, religion, or anything extremely personal. I like to have a space of inclusion on my blog, and while I'm generally open to reading your thoughts on various subjecrs, I know to keep some of my own thoughts to myself. "If I can't say something nice...I surely won't blog, IG, or FB about it."

While I do keep my most personal thoughts to myself, I share a good bit of my family's exploits, anecdotes and traditions here on the blog and in my social media. I don't hire professional photographers or stage huge setups--I like it all as organic and simple as I like my food. Because this blog is my hobby, I don't exactly chase the stars. I write good pieces, take good photos, and provide good reviews when the opportunities present themselves. I have fun with this!

I hail from Georgia by way of Jamaica, and Hubby Namastè hails from India. We are a busy professional family, and we make our homes in two parts of the state--West and Southwest Georgia. We love travel as much as we love breathing, and our biggest trips are always to Sri Lanka or India and New York City.

I'm one of few bloggers who doesn't really get into unboxings or videos unless it's something I'm beyond passionate about. I'll finally be breaking that wall because my toddler can now talk, and I think his voice is much more palatable than my own. (Secret's out--I don't like the sound of my own voice! It isn't a complex, I just hear it so much that I'm "over" it. Plus, I don't actually talk a lot.) I also like to try to maintain some of my anonymity--I have a lot of wonderful readers BUT I'm not quite ready to invite the kind of fame that gets me recognized in Target or Moe's!

Aside from writing, I enjoy singing, dancing, and creating different forms of art. I love, love, love to paint, and currently that's been my most-loved release. I do all kinds of mediums but I mainly dig walls. Not a canvas, an entire wall, or a piece of a wall. Big murals are my joy, and because we have two new stores and a new house, I've been getting my fill recently. (My apologies, it's one of those things I don't necessarily post for social media. Maybe someday...)

My blog is a space where I share. Either knowledge or experience. I prefer to stick to the positive but if I ever encountered a negative and could share it tactfully, I'd let you in on it. I figure there are enough professional dissenters, both online and off, and I'm not a Debbie Downer type anyway so I keep it upbeat. I like to pass along information about things I have found to be helpful, products I'm into, and places I count the days to return to.

In a nutshell, I'm an outspoken sweetheart who knows when to hold her cards. *cheeky grin*

And no, this isn't a persona. It's just me, doing what I do.

Namastè!

-- Tayè K. ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment