Friday, June 2, 2017

Skin!

Namastè!

I hope you're all glowing and fresh-faced.

I get asked a lot about my skin care regimen. I'm 33 and look 23, so my little simple routine is working.

It's a two-prong approach: I eat good food and drink plenty of water, and I don't use anything on my skin that I cannot eat. (As in, eat without I'll effect.)

What do I use on my skin?

Rose water and coconut oil. Easy-peasy, loofah squeasy.

But this water and good food thing is the real MVP. You see, nothing you put on your skin (or hair) will ever effect any change unless you also nourish and hydrate from the inside! You need the nutrients and hydration from your diet for good skin and nails.

I probably sound crazy, but hear me out--why else would people fork over hundreds for vitamins?

BECAUSE THEY WORK.

It's not magic, though. Just normal nourishment. The same things you need for general health are also needed for that crown and robe. (See what I did there?) The hair vitamins are not much different than any other multivitamin except they have more biotin.

"But didn't you say you used coconut oil and rose water on your skin?"

Yeah...I do! Not for magic. Just for cleansing and a little extra moisturizing so I stay looking ten years younger. Smells good, works well. Doesn't cost a car note and contains no chemicals!

Rose water on the skin is a Desi skincare staple. I am not Desi by birth but I married into a wonderful Desi family, and they share and encourage my love of green beauty. The rose water I use comes from my local Indo-Pak grocer. There's several different sizes. I like the clear one. (I have red undertones in my skin already, so the pink rosewater makes me look flushed.) Brand doesn't matter generally but I love KTC.

My trusty old Parachute is my coconut oil of choice. I like having a little coconut oil on my skin for two reasons. One, it smells really nice. Two, it helps keep my skin soft. (I have very soft skin, and I partially credit my Parachute for that!)

I just wash my face in warm water and coconut oil  (antibacterial and antifungal properties like what!), rinse with a little cool water, then apply some rose water with a cotton round. Simple.

Don't forget--you MUST put in good fuel. Vitamins and supplements are good but our bodies and beauty run on real food. No matter what you put ON, you have to put the right stuff IN.

Namastè!

Tayè K. ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment