Sunday, June 24, 2018

Ice Pops! (A Fun Summer Recipe)

Namastè!

It's HOTTTTTTTT.

Seriously.

The sun is teabagging Georgia. *chuckle*

Because I can't stay in the Tayè Cave all summer, I decided to pull out some of my favorite standbys for staying cool. One of those is the classic ice pop.

While most people just freeze whatever juice they have available, I like to go a bit more festive with ours.

What's abundant during summertime,  besides sunshine and warm days?

Fruit!

Today my sweet Brother Bear (ah, can't I just call him Baby Namastè still?! Never mind we have another baby who's actually still a baby...I wasn't ready for him to grow into a toddler yet!) had the time of his life riding his trike. Because it's super warm, I figured this would be a good day to introduce him to one of my favorite things.

To make our version of ice pops, all you need is:

☆ An ice pop tray (We got ours at Walmart for a dollar and it holds 8 pops!)
☆ 2 cups fresh fruit (We recently had strawberries and cherries!)
☆ 1 quick dash of lemon juice
☆ blender or food chopper

(For variety, we sometimes add: almond milk, coconut milk, shredded coconut, pieces of dried fruit for texture [only for older toddlers and up!], coffee [for my latte pops lol--no kids allowed], vanilla chips, chocolate chips...go wild!)

I don't add sugar to ours, but you can of course.

Taste your fruit to be sure it is sweet--I like to use the sweeter bits for ice pops so I could skip the sugar. Blend the fruit til it's pureed.

Stir in your add-ins.

Once everything is mixed, pour it into your ice pop tray.

I sit our tray on a cookie sheet and put it in the deep freeze for at least two hours.

Then...we eat. There's a pic of my little Big Brother Bear on FB, enjoying his trike and ice pop.

Namastè!

-- Tayè K.

No comments:

Post a Comment