Thursday, February 2, 2017

New Path, New Challenges...But I'm Ready.

Namastè!

Very happy February 2, to you!

This morning I'm up, and I'm feeling rather pensive.

I'm realizing Baby Namastè will be a toddler soon. *fist pump*

...and I have limited foresight about this new chapter.

When he was born, before even, we had mapped out how we wanted his first few days to go. Then week,, which stretched into months. Now, on the cusp of the culmination of his first year, we are simply living in the moment.

When a baby is conceived, a new set of parents is. When a baby is developing, so too are a new mom and dad. At birth, there now exists a brand new baby--and a brand new Mommy and Daddy. We can plan and prepare as we wish but ultimately the baby decides how the show plays out.

As Baby Namastè's big boy personality emerges, I am so impressed. I believe he's going to be even-tempered (thank goodness!), as he is generally content. He likes "reading" and can be found sitting with a book on his lap, turning the pages after giving each one careful consideration. Our little one is already a scholar. I also think he'll be fairly athletic. He's strong. He can climb (oy!) and  he is incredibly agile--boy can that kid cover some ground when the mood strikes!

Our erstwhile baby is becoming a really cool young lad, if I do say so myself.

So come my "wonders." I wonder how long he will continue to nurse. I wonder if nursing an older baby will be much easier than nursing a little newbie. I wonder where the support is for moms with older nurslings! I wonder if I can continue to be that for myself.

I wonder about lighter fare as well. Who will this kid be? Will he like Gymboree? Will he like the swings or the slide more at the playground? When we unveil his ride-on car will he be a careful driver or a reckless yard ranger, decimating rhododendrons and azaleas in his quest to burn rubber?

I don't know.

I'm really in no rush to know.

I'm enjoying things as they come, especially regarding my boy. I will enjoy him being this age, for this time, until it's time to enjoy the next stage. None are easy but all are amazing.

Namastè!

-- Tayè K. ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment