Monday, February 20, 2017

Party Planning!

Namastè!

Good early, still-dark-outside morning to you!

I have been feverishly planning my baby's birthday this morning. Been up since around 3.30, and the baby joined me from 4 to 5. Unfortunately I have a hard time settling down to sleep once I've been roused, so here I am...

We have a super cute theme planned for the littlest one's biggest day. I've already begun preparing the house (as far as I can with a little velcro koala baby on my chest) & invites have been sent.

I am beyond elated to put my crafty mama skills to work. I may even pin this to my Pinterest board, as very few components are store-bought. This is the first time I've had free v ruin to create a birthday theme, and I am beyond excited. We are celebrating with a theme based on his very first favorite character: Mickey Mouse.

I had hoped for fair weather so we could get outside and do games in the yard, but it looks like Georgia isn't done wintering yet.

I cannot wait to see his face when we turn the house into Mickey Mouse Clubhouse for his day. We have been feverishly working to make sure every little detail is good to go, and in the next few days I'll give a sneak peak or two on our Instagram. Some of our favorite Etsy vendors have sent sweet little tokens of joy, which we look forward to showcasing!

I decided to still keep the party itself rather small, but I'm going all out for his gifts and decorations. We're serving his newest favorite food also. (Luckily for the guests, he never quite took to puree!)

If I say much more, I'll end up saying too much. *chuckles*

The trick to keeping a secret, or surprise, is just shutting up about it. Soooo...*zips lips*

I'll be on Instagram this week with a few previews, as well as here on the blog with some quick and easy crafts for birthdays and beyond.

NOTE: Yes, I can (and likely still will have to) spend money...but this time around I'm going to also spend something more precious: TIME! I have never had the experience of making party decorations and cooking/baking all the food. I usually just splash out a couple hundred bucks and then bribe my brother to help Hubby Namastè put things together. Princess Namastè asked for a Pinterest birthday when she turned 10, which blew me away. (I was already catalog shopping for her theme.) When time came to start planning Baby Namastè's big day, my princess sat down beside me and said,

"Let's make a party together for him. It'll be special to talk about, and when he sees his pictures when he's older, his friends won't have the exact stuff."

For her ace in the hole,

"You shouldn't waste your talent. You make prettier stuff than Party City and you can use the money to buy him toys you can't make. First birthdays are huge."

She is big on originality. That kid sneezes awesome.

Anyway...

I'm excited. But I'm also exhausted. I'm going to catch a few winks now. I may fire up the social media again later on, provided my littlest one is on the continued mend.

Namastè!

-- Tayè K. ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment