Monday, April 1, 2019

Little Peanut

Namastè!

Last night I finally got around to bringing out a box of the next size clothing for Tiger Lily. I was thrilled to get her two new outfits yesterday in her new size!

Tiger Lily is a tiny thing. She is just mama's baby peanut.

In Georgia, I think the norm is for babies to be chunky little sumo muffins. When people see my baby girl, they always assume she's a bit younger than she is. I used to get offended by that.

We tie a lot of pride to our babies whether we admit it or not. Their cuteness means we passed on those great genes. Their adorable outfits mean we give them the best our money can get. Their chubby rolls and great heights mean we feed them the best!

*needle scratch*

Tiger Lily doesn't have much height, and while she's getting some rolls now, she's still quite petite. She's a firecracker--what she lacks in size is more than compensated for in sheer will. She can do everything bigger babies do.

But back to these clothes.

Because she's been so petite, I like to dress her comfortably. She didn't wear anything but onesies and footers when she was a brand new flower. Even now she generally doesn't get dolled up except for appointment days.

Which is like, unfathomable in practically every mom circle with which I associate. ESPECIALLY since I am an influencer and both Tiger Lily and Brother Bear are tot models.

Tiger Lily is adorable. (I'm biased, but I'm also honest.) She has big deep grey eyes. Her skin is a really nice mocha tone. She doesn't have a ton of hair but the bit she has is very dark and super shiny. Her hair is beginning to curl, and has twirled itself into an adorable cowlick. She still has those kissable baby cheeks. Because she's so slight in stature, she truly looks like a baby doll.

Alas, I have not indulged the inclination to buy tons of tiny, trendy baby girl gear. Not in the newborn sizes, anyway.(Even though my Thumbelina baby could have worn them for months easily.)

But now I  enjoying dressing her up sometimes. She won't ever be stuffed into twelve pounds of ruffles with a ten pounds bow on her head, and she won't likely wear full pageant attire to Wal-Mart, but she can now wear little leggings and tunics. I've ordered a tiny salwar kameez for her. (She'll get a saree when she's older, and taller!)

No comments:

Post a Comment