Wednesday, March 8, 2017

The "Other" EBF

Namastè!

I hope you're having a wonderful evening. It's gorgeous in my neck of the woods. I just came in from a walk. I had to get in that sunshine, yes!

EBF is mom'ese. Exclusively breastfed. Exclusive breastfeeding. It's standard in the casual banter among mommies, especially those with infants.

Now that Baby Namastè's a year old, I've coined my own version of EBF--extended breastfeeding.

I intend to pump and/or nurse until he is done. Right now he night-nurses, which is fine because I have gotten back into my pre-baby work schedule. (While I do work in the home, my days begin at 4 a.m. and conclude around 5 p.m.--and that's IF all goes smoothly.)

I have only encountered a few moms who EBF. (Extended breastfeeding.) After that first year, there's a stigma. People assume the mom has a problem letting go. They think the child will have issues adjusting. They even suggest malicious, deviant, abusive intent.

Where's our support? Where are the groups for us?

I plan to give my son liquid gold at least until he's 2. He doesn't have to feed directly, I just want him to have !. (Hence my insane dedication to pumping.) The benefits of that milk don't stop simply because a child turns one.

Namastè!

-- Tayè K ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment