Friday, December 9, 2016

Boob'session: The B'reservoir Chronicles

Namastè!

I hope you're experiencing copious amounts thereof tonight!!!

I have snuggled back under my covers.

Toward the end of pregnancy I quite literally dreamed of the day I could sleep on my tummy again. I planned how I'd position my Snoogle minus the big bump that had been Baby Namastè's bedwomb.

...so much for that.

Breastfeeding makes it fairly improbably that I'd ever want to lie down flat, and it is actually more comfy to sleep on my side. Weird.

Goofy Tayè confession: Breastfeeding has me borderline obsessed with my b'reservoirs.
Ezq
I
I'm a consummate student--I research and study everything that I find myself interested in. I am determined to make it to one year with breastfeeding, so I have done a lot of reading about common issues, troubleshooting those issues, and stories from other moms about their own journeys. I expected to do a lot of reading and listening.

...but I didn't expect so much of my day to day thoughts to revolve around these gyals.

I'm not even upset. I just feel absolutely goofy for spending so much time and energy on the b'reservoirs, because they will do just what they're designed to do--nourish my little one. (And fill my tops pretty sweetly these days.)

As I get closer to the one year mark, I'm even more chuffed about my chesticles. While nursing is something women have done since the dawn of humanity, I feel like a mystical magical thing for having kept him alive just by nature.

I can't be the only one.

I just wanted to share that. Are any of you obsessed with your b'reservoirs?

Namastè.

-- Tayè K.

No comments:

Post a Comment