Saturday, December 3, 2016

Oh, My Hubby...

Namastè!

I want to introduce you to my very best friend.

Hubby Namastè.

This man...I don't know where to start.

I'm not the easiest woman to love, nor am I the easiest to live with roughly 90% of the time. I am not spoiled, materialistic, or unreasonable--I'm just very set in certain ways. I'm not used to depending on anyone. I've made my own way since I was 16, and I've never really looked back. I won't say I have trust issues (I don't), but I freely trust no one. Every person must earn that privilege. Most, do not.

Enter, this one.

He gets me, but he is still interested in learning me. He loves me, but he also really really likes me. He doesn't mind letting me be great.

The thing I'm most impressed with in him is that he is not the least bit intimidated by me. He really isn't fazed by the um, strength of my personality. (I'm 100 proof on a mild day.) He doesn't particularly care for me working, but he doesn't impede me.

Hubby Namastè is my balance. Where I am fiery, he is cool. Where I am impulsive, he is the voice of reason. Where I am uncertain, he is steady and sure.

There's so much cheese to go with my whine. *sighs*

As I navigate the holiday season with this heavy cloud over me, I have to shake the dust off my gratitude and keep pushing. I'm so weary at times from just the weight of a day, and he makes me feel so light, almost weightless.

He doesn't care if I have my hair done. He doesn't care if I insist on sleeping on half of the bed (ok, three fourths). He doesn't even fuss about the hour-long shower I take sometimes. (We have a near-toddler, long showers are a luxury and I abuse it when I can. I also like lots and lots of steam.)

I am naturally tough as nails. I grew up in a family where if you didn't fight for a spot, you got eclipsed. I didn't get to really be soft, because that meant I'd be weak. Honestly I'm not a big fan of carrying over bad habits. However, being a hard butt served me well in corporate America. I was like a female Terminator. Nothing could hurt me because nothing could get to me!

Hubby Namastè broke down that wall easily. Not by hurting me, but by loving me enough to make me love myself! I never looked in the mirror and saw much beyond the basic--I'm smart, I'm a nice person, and I'm not painful to look at. He forced me to look much harder. I'm not just smart, I'm wise. I'm nice, and also nurturing, a natural caregiver. I'm ok to look at--because I'm actually beautiful.

Interestingly enough, looks are a funny thing with him. He has never referred to me as sexy. I asked him why one day. (It didn't bother me, but that's one compliment men aren't shy abut doling out!

"I don't think of you that way. You are my perfect girl, you are more than physical beauty. You are my incredible."

...yeah, I teared up. He has this way of completely disarming me with his words sometimes. I never know what sweet thing he will say next. Sometimes he doesn't say anything! He just looks at me like I'm the best thing he's ever seen.

We don't have a perfect path for sure. We are both very strong-willed people. We are both stubborn.

But I feel know he belongs right here with me, because he's supposed to be here. He's my happily ever after. Not perfectly every after, because that would be boring. No. He's my partner in crime. My joke buddy. My protector. My provider even though I insist on trying to help in that regard. My comforter.

I am.still decidedly not into this holiday thing,  but I am very into Hubby Namastè. Perhaps this year won't be a total wash out after all?

Namastè!

-- Tayè K. ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment