Tuesday, December 20, 2016

My Favorite Things

Namastè!

I hope you're experiencing copious amounts of peace and love this afternoon. I have been so busy ripping and running that I have not had much time to sit down and write. I have a few favorite things I wanna share with you today, that have gotten me through this move intact. In no particular order, here we go!

1. Mamava.

This is my favorite nursing support company, period. They provide safe, comfortable, portable "pod rooms" for mothers to nurse or pump! While I have never shied away from nursing or pumping in public (the Medela Freestyle has helped me turn many a tucked off corner into a pump station!), I am all too grateful for Mamava for their warm, safe, comfortable pods. Just because I'm willing to handle my work anywhere doesn't mean I should have to resort to such, and Mamava is a wonderful innovation.

2. Etsy.

In the midst of moving I have done next to ZERO laundry. I literally just ordered and had rushed, many outfits for Kids Namastè. Etsy has the goods. Period.The onesies and outfits people create make our already adorablemkids, impossibly, desperately cute.

3. Medela!

While I rarely have time to sit during the day, I always have a few minutes to strap on my Freestyle and pump that liquid gold. Baby Namastè's been nursing like a little piranha at night, but during the day he is busy exploring and being all mobile. My Freestyle and my PISA help me keep up my supply even when my little one has other ideas.

4. The Mimijumi.

This bottle has been a lifesaver since day one. Baby Namastè rarely nurses during the day but he also shuns many solids. Add to that a serious disenchantment with most bottles and BOOM, we could have a real problem. Thanks to the Mimijumi mimicking breastfeeding as closely as possible, he is willing to take--and loves!--his Mimi. I no longer worry about him when he's off the breast, because he takes his Mimi freely.

Pro-tip: If you are introducing a bottle to your nursling, try warming the bottle nipple under warm running water before offering it. This made a big difference for my baby, and now he takes his Mimi straight, no warming needed.

5. Infantino.

This line of toys (we have so many, it's crazy--we love the Topsy-turvy collection best) has Baby Namastè's interest and ours too. The colors and adorable characters are so engaging.  Also, they are so valuable in terms of play longevity--as far as I know, most are good from birth on up and I can personally attest that babies don't get bored with them easily. Our most-loved ones are the Grow With Me Ballpit and the Topsy-turvy Mirror Friend.

6. Guyokuro tea.

I love my tea. I'm generally a chai girl, but I'm also wildly fond of Guyokuro. It is pricier than normal tea but it's so worth it. I call it my delightful green elixir.

7. Texts from Brit, Robin, Alicia, and Zelley.

Best friends make everything better.

8. Naps.

What mom doesn't need a good snee?!

I'm on the go as usual, so I'll be back in a short bit with a funny moving story. Putting this house together has been equal parts hilarity and tedium. You can guess which keeps me going.

I'm sure this list will continue to grow, as the holidays fast approach and we are still scrambling to be 100% settled in at the house. It's been a wild crazy ride so far, but with my favorite things it's all been so much more bearable.

Namastè!

-- Tayè K. ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment