Wednesday, January 25, 2017

33 Truths

Namastè!

I've been away celebrating my birthday. The wonderful 33! (YES, I am exactly that old. Good riddance to 32, as it is time to conquer a new number.) Happy new year to me!

Many women cringe at getting older. I don't. I feel privileged to see and experience another year! I tend to observe my birthdays quietly--not too much pomp and pageantry. I received some amazing gifts and a ginormous cake, none of which was expected yet all, appreciated immensely. I haven't had a day that perfect in a long time, if ever.

I have forgotten many things as I've grown and evolved but these 33 facts, I hold near and dear.

33 Truths

1. It is ok to move on.
2. Use good soap and shampooo.
3. Gray hair is beautiful.
4. It is fine, encouraged even, to take time for what YOU want.
5. No one feels your hunger pangs but you, so eat what you want and take your fill. Life is a buffet.
6. Life is a buffet. Try something different!
7. When YOU treat yourself well, others can't help but fall in line.
8. Being in love is good for you.
9. Having love reciprocated might help you live to be 100!
10. Take that trip!
11. Children and puppies grow up entirely too fast--whichever you're blessed with, cherish those moments. Yes, even the messy ones.
12. TAKE. PICTURES!
13. Laughter is the best cure for frustration. Trust me. I drive in Atlanta.
14. Laugh at something every day, even if it's corny.
15. BE YOU. An original.
16. It's fine to hit your peak later in life--who wants to be burnt out at 30?!
17. Never underestimate a good long bath. MAGIC.
18. Get a hug or a kiss, preferably both, every day, even if it's just from your kids. It heals you.
19. You don't wanna be that person with no edges--be kind to your hair.
20. Make someone's day. Anonymously.
21. Compliment a person just because.
22. Eat your vegetables. ALL of them.
23. Don't be afraid to try the masala! (Literally OR metaphorically, just please have a bite. It might change your life!)
24. Get to know a person whose life is totally different from yours. Broader horizons mean more opportunities, especially chances to grow and mature.
25. Don't skip your water bottles. Your skin will thank you.
26. Take that leap!
27. Comb your hair, brush your teeth, and wash your skin. Never know who or what might be waiting for you when you leave your home!
28. Don't ignore the elderly. They are goldmines.
29. Pick ONE healthy habit. It can be as simple as more handwashing or drinking more water. Trust me on the water thing--you'll look 25 when you're damn near 35! *wink*
30. Appreciate the small things, because if you break all the big things down, that's EXACTLY what they are: a bunch of small things.
31. Take up a cause, actively participate in that cause...and tell NO ONE.
32. Go ahead. Have dessert. 😉
33. Sometimes the trash takes out itself. 😉 Don't chase it--the stuff worth having is worth having even when it's a pain to clean or maintain. Hold value, not weight.

- Tayè K. 💋

No comments:

Post a Comment