Saturday, November 24, 2018

That Grass

Namastè!

The grass is greener on the other side.

Or is it?

I'm a married, work at home mom. (WAHM) I homeschool. I don't have a babysitter. I don't have nannies. (Yet.)

Because my husband's got the goofiest to schedule known to man (it is not uncommon for him to work many 16-hour days straight without an off day), I'm often responsible for entertaining the kids as well as myself. I get cabin fever easily, so it's imperative I have at least one or two outings a week.

I get my fresh air fix in the form of Mamastè, my mommy group.

We are basically just a group of moms (and dads too--our dorkiness is available for all to enjoy) who want a little socializing with their playground workouts. While the kids run around and learn to climb the big slide or absorb sunshine in their strollers, we wrangle the attempted escapes and dish on life, "off the clock."

Because we've all got a similar lot, we're used to fielding jabs and questions from "outsiders." (In this sense I mean, people who aren't a part of our group outing.)

The grass for WAHM/SAHM isn't greener. It's just the way the light hits it, I promise.

While we don't necessarily have to leave the house to contribute, our sacrifices are worth noting.

No comments:

Post a Comment