Friday, October 21, 2016

Ah, the Etsy.

Namastè!

I hope you're experiencing copious amounts thereof.

As we pick up steam here, I gotta let y'all in on a not-so-little secret.

I'm becoming addicted to Etsy! I can browse on there for hours. I'm not ashamed to admit, the adorable kid items drew me in--but it was the adult clothing, bangles, and baubles that kept me. My style is usually pretty tame for the most part. I love a good tee or sweater and jeans. As it is autumn, I love tucking my tootsies in a warm pair of boots.

However, Hubby Namastè my effected a major change on my favorites list when he got me my first taste of what would become my absolute style addiction: salwar kameez, sarees, and the dramatic-amazing-beautiful accessories that accompany them. The fabrics, colors, and patterns are almost otherworldly. I adore the comfort, versatility, and instant elegance the different styles impart.

For the uninitiated--salwar kameez are pantsuits. The traditional salwar kameez feature loose-fitting pants which taper to a tight fit at the ankle (the salwar) worn with a long tunic top (the kameez) and long scarf (the dupatta). A saree is a length of fabric (cotton or silk) worn elaborately wrapped around the body, then draped over the head or shoulder.

We generally get these beautiful outfits in NYC, and that was fun. What girl doesn't love shopping, in the Big Apple?

This girl, actually.

Shopping for my family is one thing, but shopping for me? Headache central. I usually want a very specific thing, and only that precise exact thing--and nothing else will work. When it's my clothes, it has to be just so.

On Etsy, I give my measurements and a wonderful vendor then creates an amazing (and perfectly-fitted) salwar suit or saree. While I may or may not select a one of a kind set, I'm guaranteed a one-of-a-kind fit. The fit is everything for me, and I haven't been disappointed yet. I can get the same in a shop--but that's nowhere near as convenient, and sometimes appointments must be set weeks or months in advance due to demand. Many times our trips to NYC are very spur of the moment or very loosely planned. I can get in a fitting if I call a few days in advance because we buy pretty frequently

Etsy is my new favorite hub for boutique gear for all the little ones in my life too. I love going through and seeing the handmade stuff especially. Those crocheted items and hand-sewn details wring my wallet like a towel after shampoo time.

I'm a big fan of eBay and Amazon too, but Etsy is a solid favorite due to communication. I like the option to speak with my vendor about my purchase without weeding through a thousand email hoops. Within Etsy's app, we can message back and forth directly. There are no hiccups or surprises with my purchases.

Note: You'll find unscrupulous sellers on every platform. This doesn't suggest Etsy is perfect--I'm just talking about how much I personally enjoy it, and how good an experience I have had. Always use our own discretion. Your eyes and ears may hone in on something I miss!

Anyhoo...I can't wait to show off some of my Etsy finds in a couple upcoming blogs. I have a few "appearances" and unboxing videos in the not so distant future,  and my favorite vendors (whom I'll reveal as we go!) have got my wardrobe looking straight royal.

In the meantime, happy Etsy'ing. You know you wanna have a look. Or three. And treat yourself.

Namastè!

-- Tayè K. ♡

5 comments:

  1. We love Etsy in our family - so many amazing artists in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh i love etsy, can get lost for hours on it and go into major debt. Sometimes I need to hide or bank card lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh i love etsy, can get lost for hours on it and go into major debt. Sometimes I need to hide or bank card lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree with you!! I love etsy and can be on there for hours, it's so dangerous lol. I can shop for my family too, but when it comes to me I can never make up my mind. I know what I like but I can never seem to find the styles I'm into.

    ReplyDelete