Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Aroma Rice Cooker & Food Steamer **Review Post!

Namastè!

I hope you are experiencing a huge downpour thereof this evening. 

I've been away from the sites (here and at FB) more than usual today and for that, I apologize. We are preparing to move into Castle Namastè and let me tell you, my Namastè has tried to crawl away more than once! I refuse to go into a new home with a bunch of old weight, so I have been thinning out our acumen. Baby Namastè's room decor is sponsored (More on that in a bit--I am thrilled!) so I haven't had much to do there, but just the idea of cleaning, arranging, and decorating six bedrooms is daunting when I have to do it myself. I can't let Hubby Namastè trouble himself with that; his work hours are longer and more hectic than mine. 

Anyway...I digress. I've been doing even more ripping and running than usual and have not spent much time in the kitchen.  I generally fix fairly elaborate meals four or five days a week. Since I've been tied down trying to get our living situation ironed out, I've only been in the kitchen to pack, donate, and delegate items. 

Alas, we still have to eat.

Now, it's no secret I am a spoiled wife. I manage the household, so Hubby Namastè generally spares little expense to make sure I can do so with minimal muss and fuss. I sent out a call of distress to my darling one, because I needed a new slow cooker. Mine cracked during an unfortunate incident involving me, a step stool, and a misplaced foot.

He came through for me, as always. Meet ROMA! (Yeah, I name stuff.) He got it here.



Roma is my new baby. I'm a kitchen appliances fanatic, and this Aroma Rice Cooker and Food Steamer is my new obsession. My family eats a lot of rice, first off. Those delicious curries and masalas don't even plate well without some lovely basmati. Secondly, I have an entire shelf of slow cooker recipe-laden cookbooks as well as the moxie to just create them from time to time.

The first thing I decided to make was my turkey chili. Making chili is a rite of passage--it means summer is over and fall has arrived! (Stay tuned for the recipe over on FB in a few minutes.) 

Look at it. It's as delicious as it looks--and healthy. 



Because Roma is indeed a ricer...


...that basmati, though! *googly heart eyes*

This thing is about its business for sure, y'all. I allowed the chili to cook for 90 minutes after combining the ingredients. The only thing I prepped separately was the turkey, which I simmered in a skillet on medium heat to brown. Had the whole house smelling like a dream.

The rice cooker function is a favorite, because basmati rice (our favorite variety) is delicious BUT a pain to cook on the stove top. I prefer it served kind of sticky, and the ricer effects that perfectly every time. 

You know me by now. I had to put this thing to the real test. It's a food steamer as well. As you probably also know, Hubby Namastè is a pescatarian. He does not eat poultry, beef, or pork--but he does love seafood. Salmon, kingfish, and shrimp are his favorites.

Hello from the Steamer siiiiide...



I could not have chosen a better cooker, y'all. Hubby Namastè's seafood came out perfect. The fish (whiting) is cooked in butter (Not margarine...buttah!) and herbs. The shrimp is cooked in red pepper, onion, garlic, and olive oil.

The Aroma holds between 4 and 20 cups. It's straightforward and easy to use. The buttons are very self explanatory--you literally put on your ingredients, add water if needed, press a button, and you're set. It does not take up a ton of cabinet space, and it looks so sleek. I love the black and silver finish, as our appliances are stainless steel.

Ours came with the cooker, its steamer basket, a cup for water/rice, and a spatula spoon for stirring. Also, some coupons, recipes, and the instruction manual. 


As with any appliance, we got the warranty on it, and we registered it with the manufacturer. I actually plan to get a bigger one, for holidays and work functions. (We cook a LOT around here, and we almost always have a friend or two stopping by for delicious noms and good company.)

The only thing I don't like about it, is the fact that I did not get it sooner. SERIOUSLY. I only wish it had two cooking inserts, so I could cook food/masala/curry in one and do the rice in the other. 

In the midst of everything I have going on now, this little piece of culinary magic is keeping me on track with not eating too much fast food. (I love it, don't get me wrong--I just try not to eat it too much.) I always have a little free time in the morning so on crockpot day, I will just pop one of my prepped bags in the Aroma and let it do its thing while I go about my day. 

I know it's crazy to be this excited about a crock pot but this is my life right now--finding happy in the little things. I have a million little things to be happy about, and a million little happy thoughts can create an entire happy life! That is what I am trying to effect for myself and those close to me. Speaking of which, I am due for a little bowl of happy before I finish cleaning this closet. *winky face*

Namastè!

-- Tayè K ♡

1 comment: