Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Moving... Kuḻantaikaḷ

Namastè!

I hope you're experiencing copious amounts thereof.

Castle Namastè is almost ready!!!

I am bursting at the seams with excitement. But I am also, not bursting at the seams with excitement. We are preparing to move...Kuḻantaikaḷ.

Kuḻantaikaḷ is Tamil for "with children."

I digress.

Moving Kuḻantaikaḷ will likely be my undoing, as one of said children is seven months old and extra frisky and curious. The other children are varying shades of easily excited, completely disinterested, and absolutely ready to get into everything. Mama Namastè?

Well, I am varying shades of excited, with a light smattering of nervous, a dash of reserve, and a heaping helping of let's go. Who wouldn't be excited for their dream home?! I've waited almost a year. The bathroom alone is more than enough for my happiness. I'm nervous because it's a move. Another place to get accustomed to, more neighbors to learn. I'm reserved because I have been here before, except with fewer kids...and grey hairs.

I'm not sure how Kiddos Namastè will react to the new digs. They aren't even talking about it much. They've seen the house and seem to like it...but I don't see that excitement. They are more concerned with their activities and making sure they can keep up with their friends. The tiniest Namastè will likely love the shorter commutes, but babies don't offer much in the way of opinions regarding life decisions.

The area is much better for them. There is more to see and do, closer to home. They will get the same upbringing--we are strict but generous. They will have the same routine. We like activities but we give them chores, responsibilities, and have them earn their provileges. The last thing we want is to contribute to an entitled generation of kids who are never told no. I don't know why, but I don't want anything to change, yet I do want everything to change.

Getting back to my brass tacks...

I wonder what this place has in store for us. I'm excited for holiday memories and everyday anecdotes. I'm dreading the unpacking and rearranging. I'm dreading slightly more so, the days or weeks it will take to get everything assembled.

...above all I am grateful. I look forward to blogging from my oversized bathroom, with a big cup of tea and some fuzzy socks. The bathroom will likely be where all my blogs happen, because it's my sanctuary. I approved this particular spot in the house from day one. Every step of the way, every fixture, every travertine tile. It's mine.

It's the bathroom and the promise of the decadent indulgence therein, that gives me a little extra push to finish sealing these boxes, thinning our accumulated stuff, and keeping Kiddos Namastè corralled as I do. Moving with them, challenging. Moving WITHOUT them?

There'd be no reason, because home is only where they are.

Even as the small one tugs on my hair while fighting sleep.

Namastè!

-- Tayè K ♡

1 comment: