Thursday, June 27, 2019

Three Year Olds... BE BUGGIN'!

My little boy bear is now in the heavy part of three-ness.

Knee deep.

Either I don't remember very well, Princess girl's three, or I have blocked it out because it's a painful reminder that regardless of how well you care for a kid, they will still turn on you. Like, in a heartbeat.

Right now my kid loves all things Dad.

Dad must cook.

Dad must do bathtime.

Dad must drive.

Dad must read the stories.

Dad must get the first hugs and sugars of the day.

Dad must...

...be a frickin' unicorn because His Royal Threeness has an entire come apart if I attempt any of the aforementioned.

That's daily if you lost count, because I'm home with the small humans all day while Dad brings home a larger chunk of proverbial bacon.

In general I'm fine with the Dad preference. He's a boy after all. It isn't like he wants to paint his nails and put together outfits from our Pinterest boards. My little boy bear likes the same stuff his dad likes--tools, cars, and using tools on cars.

I am all in with his burgeoning desire to learn everything. I love going through his know book and talking about the things we see on our adventures ands jaunts around the cities we visit.

I was not equipped for his periodic come aparts though.  *insert cracked face*

Three-year-olds be buggin'!


No comments:

Post a Comment