Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Birthday Twins!!!

Namastè!

Let's get right to it.

Today Baby Namastè had his very first play date.

It's been almost ten months coming.

I made a few friends while I was pregnant. We all talked about babies, life, and life with babies. We bonded over due dates and cravings. We encouraged each other  cried with each other, and cheered each other on.

But one friend stood out.

For one, I'd go to war for this girl. She just gets me. We can finish each others' sentences. We share so many philosophies. We have the same dry humor.

She's gorgeous and so sweet. I call her my Britty-bits. She's a pistol, too, and a straight-shooter.
Aside from all those amazing attributes, WE GAVE BIRTH THE SAME DAY.

FEBRUARY 28, 2016.

Funny story--I was supposed to deliver Baby Namastè at WellStar Cobb. Unfortunately I had complications (hyperemesis is the devil) and had to be kept at Northside. At the time I was living in Peachtree Corners and that hospital was closest.

At the same time I was in active labor,  so was she! Just a few miles apart, in the same hour, on the same night, Ajani and Lainey were born.
Since that day (and months before), Britty-bits and I have kept in touch. I recently (read, FINALLY) moved back to the city where it all began and guess who lives there too?! My Britty-bits!

I couldn't even sleep last night. I've waited so long to get some snuggles from Lainey and see those pretty eyes in person.  (Y'all, my Peachy is just perfection.) I HAD to see Britty-bits just to know my friend is real. Not fake-Internet-person real, but OMG-this-girl-is-literally-on-this-earth-with-me real.

Lainey and Ajani were so adorable together. Ajani had never seen another baby before, much less one his exact age. He kept touching her face and smiling. She has this squeal that just melts my heart. I love her little voice.

I couldn't have planned a cuter afternoon. The babies were so content to play. I haven't cooed and squealed so much in years. They're just that precious.

It's rare to find a friend so early in life, but these two raise the bar immeasurably. They share a birthday. They meet their milestones closely. They hit their wonder weeks and even teethe similarly! It is just so comforting to know I can hit my Britty-bits up and know she will understand whatever madness my kid has that day, likely because hers has the same.

So many people have commented about how precious it is that the babies aren't being raised racist.

Damn straight they aren't. They're being taught love. They're being taught the right way, the Golden rule. Most importantly, they're being taught BY EXAMPLE what true friendship is. I know Britty-bits would care for my son as if he were her own, and she already knows her daughter is as safe here as she is in her own bed. We are our tribe, our mom tribe! We love, honor, and protect the little ones, period.

I cannot wait to watch them grow up together.



Namastè!

-- Tayè K. ♡


2 comments: