Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Ten Truths About Working From Home

Namastè!

I hope you're experiencing copious amounts thereof this evening!

I have had one of my busier days, between Mamastè and running my business.

In case I never told y'all, I work from home. I run my own business as well as assist my hubby with his. Cows, gas pumps, and stethoscopes are what make our green grass grow.

Because I have the uh, luxury, of being at home all day, I often think people expect me to have unlimited time for their favors, honey-dos, and agendas. So...here are my ten truths about working from home.

1. I do more before 10 a.m. now than I ever did when I worked in an office. I work during the baby's longest snee.

2. My work is just as valuable as it was when I sat in the office from 9 to 5...6...7...

3. While I am home all day, and likely in my pajamas, don't ever think I don't get in the paint elbows deep or better.

4. No...I don't have time to *insert favor or request* on short notice. Sometimes I don't have time even when given sufficient notice.

5. My work is not "easy." The accounting portion alone often takes hours, hence me beginning each day at 4 a.m.

6. No, I am not "LUCKY." My job is the benefit of making a few wise decisions, coupled with having a supportive spouse and an insane work ethic. I'm LUCKY if I finish everything before lunch, but other than that I don't know anything about that "luck" thing.

7.  While I can handle my kid(s) with ease as I crank out my work, please don't think babysitting is a free-for-all around here.

8. No, I don't sleep as late as I'd like to. Four aye-em comes early. Period.

9. YES, I am as valuable as the other employees in the firm. After all, I trained them. *wink* Human resources has its perks.

10. Yes...I enjoy the heck out of it. I love being able to contribute financially while being a sort of hybrid SAHM.

I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Namastè!

-- Tayè K. ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment