Sunday, December 4, 2016

My Tenets As a Blogger

Namastè!

As a blogger, I am met with both enthusiasm and weariness. Enthusiasm because many people love a good read. Weariness because blogging is a fairly saturated landscape--there are millions of us posting about any given thing on any given day.

When I decided to start writing, made a few promises to myself. (I am nothing if not a woman of my word.) Those promises have evolved into my tenets, my very simple creed as a blogger and brand ambassador.

1. I will maintain an honest, tactful, respectful space online.

2. I will treat each commenter, subscriber, or inquirer with the same respect, for their feedback keeps me sharp.

3. I will complete each and every collaboration in a timely, thorough manner. I'm building my reputation and just as I trust the brands and companies enough to bring them into my home, they must be able to trust me to uphold my end in collaborations.

4. I will not use my blog as a place to trash a brand, person, or demographic.

5. I will create a variety of posts and provide in-depth, well-researched info to include parents from every walk of life.

6. I will NOT accept collaborations just for the sake of having an item. If it is not something I trust, believe in, and legitimately use, I will not endorse it. Period.

7. I will never represent anything but my honest to gosh REAL LIFE. I'm a mom blogger, my life centers around my family, and I will not romanticize or glamorize that for views or popularity.

These tenets are with me as I'm bringing you opinions and reviews. I'm nowhere near done growing, but as I see it, I would rather grow slowly in the right vein than become insanely popular overnight and not work according to my principles.

I like to maintain an honest, open, inclusive environment here, and I hope I have been successful in making every parent who clicks a link feel welcome!

Namastè!

-- Tayè K. ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment