Monday, September 26, 2016

The Kiinde Squeeze Breastmilk Storage and Feeding Set **Review Post**

Namastè!

As always, we wish you copious amounts thereof.

Today has been great here at the House Namastè. Amazon Prime pushed through and several long-awaited goodie boxes arrived!

Most importantly...We received an incredible gift from our friends at Kiinde! (You read that right. THE LOVELY FOLKS AT KIINDE PROVIDED THIS ACCESSORY SET FOR ME TO REVIEW! I am so excited I can hardly deal.)



I have heard so many amazing things about this kit so I was literally checking my UPS tracker every 2 minutes. I really gotta put up more SnapChat videos because unboxings at House Namastè are epic in and of themselves.

Anyway...the big reveal!



The kit included a complete set of pump adaptors to fit every major breast pump on the market. (I use Medela, and they fit perfectly.) Seven different sets of adaptors; 3 nipples with slow, medium, or fast flow; two bottle cases for feeding directly from the pouches; two nipple brushes; and the freezer organizer. (Not pictured, the Kiinde warmer and travel cooler bag for pouches.)

Here's some pics of my pumps, connected to the adaptors. 


The PISA!


The Harmony!


The Freestyle!

The adaptors simply twist onto the pump connector, similar to the Medela bag connectors. Added all of half a second to my usual pump kit assembly. 

Baby Namastè's been exclusively breastfed from day one. We travel, so sometimes feeding and pumping on the go can be...interesting. The first thing that drew me to the Kiinde, before I ever received this wonderful box, was its portability and convenience. These bags effectively eliminate those awkward back-of-car milk transfers. 

Brass tacks, shall we!

Everything in the kit is presterilized, so it's ready to go right out of the box. I received my package around pump time interestingly enough, so I ran the adaptors through my sterilizer and sat down to pump.  (I clean everything before use; just my personal thing.)

The Kiinde bags are impressive. They are thick, sturdy, and well-constructed. They hold 6 ounces, and that's it. The measurements actually match the notcheson my Medela bottles! Bags can be ff, so this was a pleasant surprise within a pleasant surprise. I finished my pump session, using 4 pouches for the liquid gold.

Because I was anxious to see this awesomeness in action, I decided to test out the ultimate purpose: feeding time.

Now, my Baby Namastè is a milkies connoisseur. He generally prefers his noms direct from the tap, especially if I am feeding him. 



HE HAS NEVER TAKEN A BOTTLE FROM ME.

I'll let the pics do the speaking. 




HE. LIKES. THE. BOTTLE.

I'm not sure if it's the shape or the nipple texture, or maybe both, but he liked it! (In the event we weren't so lucky, there are also adaptors for feeding nipples--the folks at Kiinde covered EVERY base.) I gave him the slow flow nipple, because that's what he uses when Hubby Namastè feeds him. 

I'm sold. Completely. This may be my first SEVEN STAR PRODUCT, y'all. 

The freezer organizer is great, also. It holds 12 pouches AND freezes them flat. (Very useful for travel and milk donations.) It doesn't take up a lot of freezer real estate and it's cool looking. You could also use it in the fridge. 

I like the little travel cooler because it has two zippered pockets to hold the cool packs. That's two dedicated spaces for cooling elements, which makes the whole "pack the milkies bag" thing much easier on Hubby Namastè. The pouches fit in perfectly. Slide in and zip shut!

The warmer is actually designed to safely warm breastmilk! That knocked my socks off. It literally warms the precious milkies without getting it too hot, which would destroy the best properties of said milkies. That means a safe temperature for Baby!  (Test it to be sure anyway--always better safe than sorry.)

This system can also be used for formula! There's a funnel available to mix your baby's milkies in the pouches, then cap for later or feed using the Kiinde nipples or an adaptor and your favorite brands. This thing is super universal, y'all. 

I am completely enamored with this system. I like the color scheme too. No cartoons or busy designs, just simple green, blue, and white/clear. 

The Kiinde sets are available at:

Amazon.com 

You can purchase them online OR in-store at Babies R'Us, Buy Buy Baby, and Target.

Happy feedings. Namastè!

2 comments: