Monday, July 3, 2017

A Recipe! (Turkey-shrimp Queso Dip)

Namastè!

I keep promising y'all some recipes, but usually when I cook, I don't use a recipe. I make things from memory.

But...my turkey-shrimp queso is getting lots of inquiries and I decided to divulge a little bit about it, i.e. tell you how to make it. It's fast and easy. You can tweak it as you like--I often switch out the ingredients. For example, I use vegan cheese sometimes, and sometimes I use all seafood. I've even made it without meat at all, using tofu for texture. If you come up with an interesting variation, do let me know! Email me at (NamasteWithTayeK@gmail.com) and show me your spin on this.

You will need the following:

 
12 ounces Velveeta (the block)
12 ounces shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 chub turkey sausage (you can use pork or chicken sausage if desired)
1 can Rotel brand tomato and chile mix

I use a crock pot for simmering but it can be done on the stovetop.

1. Brown the sausage. (Medium heat.) Put into crock pot or a large cooking pot if you're doing stovetop.

2. Cut up the velveeta into chunks. I usually do smaller chunks  as they melt faster.

3. Pour the chunks in with your sausage.  (If you're doing this by stovetop, you'll need to begin stirring periodically so your cheese doesn't stick.)

4. Add the rotel to the sausage and cheese. Stir to mix it in well.

5. Sautée your shrimp. I season mine with sea salt and black pepper, and sautée it in a little butter with 1 clove of garlic and a little green onion.

6. When the sausage-cheese-rotel mixture is evenly melted (no lumps of unmelted cheese), add your shrimp.

7. Let everything simmer together for about 5 to 7 minutes.

... donezo!

Want to see what mine looks like? Skip on over to my IG. Follow me! One, because I'm cool and so are you, & two, because I share all kinds of stuff over there, things I may or may not share here on the blog site.

I serve this with chips and ice cold slushy drinks. (Usually lemonade!) The Namastè favorite is nacho cheese Doritos or the tortilla chips with a hint of lime. We also make tacos with this queso as the base, and pile it high with lettuce, tomato, and sour cream.

I hope you enjoy!

Namastè.

-- Tayè K. ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment