Thursday, July 6, 2017

Super Refreshing Idea! (A Recipe Post)

Namastè!

I just brought my little bears in from getting a little sun.

Vitamin D is a must, and all it takes is a little sunshine to give yourself a recharge.

Note: Consult with your healthcare team for actual medical advice. I am a mom blogger, not an MD. What works for and is approved for Family Namastè won't always wash the same for you. Please stay aware!

Anyhoo...

I now have Baby Namastè relaxing in his Boppy with a cuppa of fruit water!

A little background: Baby Namastè is not interested in commercial fruit juices. He still drinks primarily breastmilk; almond, cashew, or coconut milk; and water. I'm not troubled at all about him not caring for juice, as I prefer to limit the sugar and artificial coloring. Even the most palatable commercial fruit juices are somewhat processed, and while I'm not a food devil I like to give him as much natural, whole, real food as possible.

Enter, a bunch of blueberries and blackberries we happen to have at home! They are garden fresh and so so good. We froze a few bags so we could enjoy that summer sweetness even after the bushes are bare again...*happy sighs*

I digress.

I thought he might like something different after playing in the sunshine this afternoon, so I put a toddler-friendly spin on something I often drink myself.

Fruit water!

I took one of his cuppas and put

4 ounces of water in it. Then I added
4 frozen blueberries,
2 frozen blackberries,
1 drop of lemon juice, and
1 drop of honey.

I then capped the cuppa and gave it a good shake.

The fruit chills the water. As it's being shaken, the fruit gets smashed up and flavors the water. The honey and lemon bring out the flavor of the berries.

Note: DO NOT GIVE HONEY TO A CHILD UNDER ONE YEAR OF AGE. PERIOD. Be mindful of your family's allergy history as well when offering fruit to children, especially the first time.

Also be mindful of the serving size! Baby Namastè is 16 months old, but he gets 4 ounces of this, once a day. Even healthy foods can cause obesity if not served in proper portions.

This is not a rigid recipe and is open  to interpolation.

I'll be trying it with other fruits. We always keep some on hand. Tomorrow I will make him some with pineapple, mango, and a little coconut water. Maybe his dad will make some with strawberries, oranges, papayas, and bananas.

enjoyed immensely, especially eating the fruit after he drank the water. He enjoys berries, especially blueberries and blackberries. It was like a double treat!

He's now cool and refreshed. He's had a good bath and a better drinka, so he is content, clean, and cool.

I hope this helps shake the refreshment scene up in your family!

Namastè!

-- Tayè K. ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment