Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Pulled Chicken (A Recipe!)

Namastè!

Today I made a super easy crock pot fave for dinner. It's one of those more relaxed days and I didn't want to be hovering over the stove.

What did we have?

Pulled chicken. When I tell you it's good... *insert heart eyes emoji*

You can see it on my IG. Follow and tag me in your epic fondness!

You'll need about 4 large chicken breasts. Season with sea salt and black pepper.

Put the chicken into your crock pot along with 1.5 cups water. Cook until chicken is done, roughly 1.5 hours. Then toss in your sauce.

Now, my actual sauce recipe is a secret BUT I pulled this one The Kitchn, and it is a good one. (I wouldn't recommend you anything I would not feed my own tribe.) If you don't feel like making sauce at all, just use a bottle of your personal favorite!

Barbecue Sauce

Makes about 1 1/2 cups

1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 medium red onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 (8-ounce) can tomato puree or sauce (no spices)
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1 tablespoon molasses
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon Dijon or brown mustard
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
A few dashes hot sauce (optional)
Freshly ground pepper

Heat a splash of olive oil in a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute or two.

Reduce the heat to low and mix in the tomato paste and cumin. Add the tomato puree and all remaining ingredients. Stir until combined and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, until thickened to your liking. Taste and adjust salt, pepper, or other seasonings as you see fit.

Transfer the sauce to a blender or use an immersion blender to blend until smooth. Add more water, a tablespoon or two at a time, if you prefer a thinner sauce.

This sauce will keep refrigerated for about 2 weeks or can be frozen for up to 3 months.

Cook the chicken and such together for about 1 hour. (You could just eat it mixed, but I like to let my chicken simmer in the sauce a while so the flavor soaks through.)

We eat this with chips and smoothies.

I hope you enjoy!

Namastè!

-- Tayè K. ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment