Saturday, July 15, 2017

Why the NamasLEARN Series?

Namastè!

I hope you're having a peaceful, pleasant Saturday morning. Saturdays are still sorta wonky for me. Time doesn't heal wounds. Its passage just numbs us a bit until we can cope, or at least function. I'm still adjusting to not getting my daily phone call from Grandma.

Alas! She didn't raise a pansy. Not even in the garden. I shall press forth. At least, I shall make a valiant effort to press forth.

My current theme is the NamasLEARN Series. I decided it'd be cool to look back and share some of the things I learned only after becoming a mom.

When i thre my hat in the bkigger ring, I never expected more than 5 or 10 people to actually check out what I was doing. I was not doing it for any particular gain, just as an outlet. But as I began and picked up steam, I realized something crazy and epic:

Many times, we bloggers are seen as experts or at the bare minimum, trusted sources.

Incidentally, that's the main reason I drive you all batty with the notes and disclaimers! I am a Jill of many trades but master of only a select few. I share things in this space that I'm knowledgeable about, but I am always keen and careful to point out that I'm not an expert. I'm giving you what worked for me, and how I did it, but I'm also letting you know that your mileage may vary. Your mileage could vary a whole lot, in fact.

Of course, as people begin to trust your guidance (and thank you so much to those of you who do!), others will come out and challenge how it is that you know whatever you know. They want receipts. Certificates.

That ain't why I'm here.

I could care less about being verified. Only if I'm giving health info (rare), actual advice (even more rare), or medical advice (psssh, never!) would I care to "prove" anything.

My NamasLEARN Series is a way for you to learn about me, through me sharing what I've learned. Kinda an intro without me having to blatantly talk about me. I hate that "me me me" thing. I find it impossible to sit and talk about me, or my work, because it feels pretentious.

Once I got my footing with this blog thing, I realized quickly that I didn't want the pressure of being an info blog, and I didn't want the headache of being a social blog. Mommy blogging doesn't cover me 100%, so I'm kinda just here. Whatever comes up, comes out, and so far it's been well-received.

For future NamasLEARN eps, I'll cover things as I'm doing them. I'll include videos, soundbites, and of course photos. (I'm finally opening up more with that photo thing. Oy!)

To catch me in my various stages of action, do join me in my presently VERY active social media:

Snapchat: @NamasTayeK
Instagram: @NamasteWithTayeK
Facebook: Namastè with Tayè K

...y'all know how I feel about the whole social media thing, but it has grown on me! I enjoy interacting with my namasTribe.

Namastè!

-- Tayè K. ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment