Saturday, July 1, 2017

Hair. (A Metaphor.)

Namastè!

Again with the morning stuff. I can't sleep, so here we are. (Thankfully I'm feeling rested and even a bit refreshed!)

I have a love-hate relationship with my hair. Mainly because I'm obsessed with it looking good.

Alas, it doesn't spring from my scalp perfectly coiffed.

Because I think too much and refuse to stay inside the box, I ended up comparing my hair to relationships. *sighs* Anyway, here is what I decided...

Relationships are like your hair.

You want it to look and feel the best, so in turn you must nurture it. You must wash and detailed them so they don't become snarled and frayed. If you want them to grow, you must also be willing to trim back the dead ends. You must nurture the new growth as well. Deep conditioning, gentle taming, and regular maintenance are necessary,  but not all products, methods, and ideas work for all hair types.

...and now I'm off to flat iron my hair.

Namastè!

-- Tayè K. ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment