Thursday, November 3, 2016

Boppy Love!

Namastè!

I hope you're experiencing copious amounts thereof tonight.

I'm here relaxing with Baby Namastè,  who's relaxing in his Boppy.

Before we jump in, I gotta thank Boppy for my pillow and covers. They sent me one right out for review, and it's been a wonderful lifesaver in the midst of everything going on here at Casa Namastè! While the pillow itself is sponsored, the views expressed in this posting are all mine and mine alone.

Since January 27th, 1989, Boppy pillows have been a staple in nurseries all over the world. Here's a little timeline of interesting factoids about them.

Since two weeks ago, it has been a staple in Baby Namastè's arsenal as well! We have the Boppy Organic Slipcover, in the elephants pattern. (We have two other slipcovers also--all elephants.) There are so many cute ones available, for boys and girls or gender neutral for those early shopper mommies and daddies.




As you probably know, Boppy pillows are designed for feeding, rummy time, and supported sitting. These C-shaped pillows are invaluable, from birth and beyond. For me, it's been a big help to my back when I'm feeding him.


As many great adventures do, our Boppy tenure began with a ring of the doorbell. Baby Namastè was keen to investigate. 


He loves packages, but since this wasn't a box, he didn't get to open it. Once I tore the wrapper off and put the Slipcover on, he thoroughly enjoyed testing it out. From lounging around to feeding time, this pillow is a quick favorite.

NOTE: A Boppy is NOT for sleeping. It is intended for use under adult supervision, and babies should not be left alone in it. It is not a babysitter. 

Used properly, it is a wonderful space for baby to sit, have tummy time, or lounge. (Darn good photo prop too!)




Baby Namastè's mobile now. He can crawl and will actually cruise along the furniture now. It's rare to get him to sit still...

He does sit in his Boppy, and often! The pillow is so plush and comfortable, and I believe he really digs its shape. For example, every morning I watch and sing through Sesame Street with him. He now expects to have his Bop-Bop to sit in while we sing and clap along. 

He also likes to lounge in it a bit. 



(Sometimes we match it on purpose...sometimes it just happens.) 

The Boppy is quite durable, and the covers are easy to put on and take off. The zippers are inconspicuously located on the back of the pillow. They're machine washable and come.out just as soft and comfy as ever. I absolutely love the fabric. My favorite is the plushier "elephant love" one because it feels like a teddy bear. Baby Namastè LOVES rubbing it when he is nursing. (Gives me a break from his other thing--when he nurses, he likes to grab a fistful of my hair. He does not pull, but it is still not my favorite thing.)

We've been using our Bop-Bop for a while now and I must say, it is everything it's touted to be. Baby Namastè LOVES it, which makes me love it even more. It's durable, it travels well, and it is cozy for him. Our morning routine is much smoother with this pillow, as he is often still sleepy when he takes his first feeding for the day. 

...and it's also a pretty sweet addition to our bedtime ritual, where I cuddle him til just before he falls asleep. 



I believe this pillow has earned every bit of its hype. It's definitely a must-have.

Namastè!

-- Tayè K. 

15 comments:

  1. I totally agree! We LOVED our Boppy! Great for nursing, letting young visitors hold baby, & later for baby's tummy time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Boppy products. I wish I would have had a pillow like that for my youngest when he was nursed for 14 months. I will have to get one this time. I am nursing when I have this baby. I'm due in April.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, got to be the best reviewer I have seen. I can tell he approves! I'm sold, lol! Thankfully however my Boppy days are over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the memories! I was using Boppy pillows eleven years ago when I had my firstborn! Makes me miss that baby phase!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet! The little elephant design is just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a newborn and love the boppy! They are always so cute and helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute boppy! I'm glad you added the note saying they aren't for sleeping to help new mommies. I love how helpful and useful boppys are!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wouldn't mind an adult size version of this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your baby looks so comfortable! I love how I am able to learn more abour babies and taking care of them through you mommy bloggers :) I don't have a child yet but plan on having one in 3-5 years :) LOts of time to learn but better prepared than not!

    KatrinaJeanCarter.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ive used the Boppy with all my kids! It really is a must have for any new mom!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Baby A loves his boppy as well. They really do save your back when breastfeeding.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh your baby is so cute and looks so comfy in his boppy. Love the elephant print on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks like a very useful item for moms to use for baby

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks very comfortable, wish I'd known about them when my two were little. Bub is very cute too!

    ReplyDelete