Friday, November 18, 2016

SewChic: A HoliTAYÈ Vendor You Need to Know!


Namastè!

I hope you're experiencing copious amounts thereof this afternoon.

I wanna introduce you today to one of my favorite vendors!!! Her name is Amanda and she is the brains and beautiful spirit behind Sew Chic Studio. Although shes busy busy busy, she carved out a little time to answer a few questions and even sent over some photos of her work.

Here's Amanda! Her headband is Sew Chic (see what we did there?) and her tshirt is from another shop, @FaithandFinn.



1. Tell us about you!

Hi, I'm Amanda! I'm a wife, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and most recently boss to my small shop, Sew Chic Studio. I married the only man I ever dated (we've known each other since childhood!) and we had our miracle baby Malachi in January 2016 despite a medical diagnosis of ovarian cysts and a doctor telling us it would be difficult to get pregnant. I live on lattes and laughs! I am so blessed!

2. What was your inspiration to start your business?

Honestly, I love being creative! I find different ways to let that creativity out and when I found that I could be creative with sewing - and that people would buy it - my business blossomed over time. During the year I couldn't get pregnant it was special to bless other moms & babies because I knew that would be me one day. I took my time making the decision for Sew Chic to be a full-time thing because I was intimidated by failing or getting bored of it and feeling trapped. I finally decided to jump all-in because I'm not bored and I am the one who sets the bar to be successful. I guess I finally decided I don't have to measure success in comparison to any other shop.

3. What's your favorite item to make and why?

Right now I love making Smash Cake Sets - but that's probably because my baby will be one-year-old in just two months and I am in full party planning mode! I also like making aprons because I love to cook. And I love making paci clips because as a Mama I know how practical they are! Clearly I'm really bad at having only one favorite!

4. How do you stay motivated? What keeps you going?

I think seeing people love what I create is really rewarding. It challenges me to become better at creating, sewing, etc. It's also fun when I get to be part of something special in someone's life whether that's bow ties on their wedding day or celebrating baby's first birthday with a cake smash set.

5. What's your single favorite parenting tip?

Never say "I can't wait until they can..." It goes too fast so just enjoy the stage their in - even with its challenges.

6. I've browsed your IG page and I love how you have such a positive online presence. How do you maintain such a great outlook?

God has brought me through so much that there's no time for me to let drama run my life! It's easy to find negativity anywhere, but I've found that being in a bad mood doesn't add anything to my life. I'd rather choose joy and encourage others to do the same.

7. Please share the best piece of life advice you have received, the one that has helped you the most.

Well you've already figured out that I'm bad at "favorites" or "bests." But I can say some of the best wisdom I have heard is that who you surround yourself with is who shapes your life. I am so grateful to have a circle of people who encourage me and challenge me to be better in every area. I love that we can all live with the attitude to grow every day and move forward together.

Now...those items!!! They are adorable times ten. (Photos are the property of Amanda and Sew Chic Studios, and are used with express permission.)

Feast your eyes...

Baby bowties.

Paci clips!



Teethers!!!


Amanda will be launching her official website on November 21. I know I'll be first in line to geab a smash cake set for Baby Namastè and Baby Peachy. 

Website: http://www.SewChicStudio.com (Launches Monday, Nov. 21st!)
Email: SewChicStudio@gmail.com
I am on IG, Twitter, & Facebook as SewChicStudio 

I hope youve enjoyed "meeting" her and checking out her wares. Stay tuned for those smash cake sets!!!

Namastè!

-- Tayè K. ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment