Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Mom, Burnt Out.

Namastè!

I hope you're experiencing copious amounts thereof.

I am positively burnt out this afternoon. I'm here with my tea, and I have designated today to be one of rest.

Mommy'ing is some hard work, y'all.

Everything is coming together with the house--which we changed at the last minute, sending us into a wild tailspin, a positively insane flurry of last minute EVERYTHING. I hate doing anything last minute, and I am a woman who likes to have a plan, so I am quite ready for all to be finished.

Enter, mommy burn out.

I take on the majority of household management tasks, and I shuttle the kids to and from whatever activity or appointment they have. I manage their day to day lives and provide the majority of childcare, from breakfast to bedtime. My days would be easy--except I have my work, my blog, and my parents group as well.

That sounds like a lot.

...and it is.

I feel best when I have something going. Being "Amma" (mommy) gives me my life's purpose BUT my work and social activities give me another layer. They are things that are mine, that aren't an outgrowth of motherhood. These are my outlets.

Alas, I am still running 17 hours a day sometimes, and I sometimes don't take much rest. I have chronic insomnia (which was part of the inspiring for this blog!), and I generally don't sleep until I need it. I don't endorse it but it works for me, most of the time.

Today, however, I am at rest. I'm enjoying some good food, watching some TV, and testing a few comfort items.

As moms, as humans, we must take care of ourselves. We must build support networks so when these burnouts strike, there is a safety net for us. That's one of the reasons my Mamastè group is so important. Feeling support and solidarity is key to protecting each other.

As for me... pizza and lazy day, in full effect!

Namastè!

-- Tayè K. ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment