Sunday, November 27, 2016

Natural Or BUST!

Namastè!

I hope you're experiencing copious amounts thereof tonight.

I just got Baby Namastè bathed and fed. He smells like a little wisp of fresh. No perfume, no commercial scent. Just a little wisp of fresh.
I prefer to use organic, natural, and/or vegan products on Family Namastè's collective skin. I feel like that's a safer option than most of the products available.

For the most part, most natural products are as close to 100% safe as science can get. They're generally very good, also. Even so, we shouldn't just go with a product because it is touted to be all natural, organic, or cegetarian/vegan approved. As such, I do a ton of research on the items I choose for my family. I read medical journals and compare ingredients to make a sound decision.

For example, Princess Namastè has an allergy to papaya. When I am either purchasing or making skin care items (I dabble with skin butters, hair masques, and facial cleansers), I am careful to avoid papaya in even trace amounts.

When I'm getting store-bought items I pay close attention to the certifications, which I'll share with you now. For further reading and research (because while I can explain the basics to you in one post, your own research can fill your mind for a lifetime), feel free to go here.

Organic products are produced from natural components, free of chemical processes.




Vegan products are made completely without animal products. 

Vegetarian products are manufactured without animal products but  other to the strict standard required for vegan.

I prefer vegan and organic skin care products (or ingredients when I am making my own) whenever possible. I always look for the seals:









I have an exciting collaboration coming up with a certified vegan skin care line! You can get a sneak peak here or here. "Like" and "follow" so you won't miss upcoming giveaways! I never announce everything, everywhere. *wink*

Namastè!

-- Tayè K. ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment