Friday, November 18, 2016

Q & A with Tayè K. ♡

Namastè!

I hope you're experiencing copious amounts thereof tonight.

I don't think I've told you much at all about me. For all my musings and opinions--usually strong ones!--I am pretty shy. Even so, I still want to give you a little glimpse. I get a fair amount of email (which I welcome, as I love interacting with y'all) and I compiled some of my recent "get to know Tayè" questions here.

How do you pronounce your name?

It's pronounced TAH-yay. I go by Tay, Tay-Tay, or Coles.

What's your family's nationality?

We are a multinational family. I am Jamaican, Hubby Namastè is Sri Lankan by way of India. An interesting tidbit--my last name, K, is hubby's first name. In his culture the wives take on their husband's name, as do their children. Each son continues their own lineage by following suit. Hubby Namastè's last name is actually V, for his father's honor.

You're vocal about breastfeeding. Do you really believe fed is best? Would you be upset to buy formula if you couldn't nurse?

I'm vocal about it because it's what I'm doing, and I see the benefits it's bestowed on my babies. I believe breast is best, but fed is REQUIRED. If I couldn't nurse, I would get donor milk.

How old are you?

I'm 35. I'll make 36 in January. Most days I feel 16 physically and 72 mentally.

What makes you blog when there are so many already?

I like putting down my thoughts. I like sharing information and getting opinions. There's a lot of bloggers for sure but only one me.

Why did you choose Namastè as a theme?

It's a principle I love and live by. In our home, it is law--keep the peace. Also it was very easy to brand--NamasTAYÈ!

Why don't you take pictures, we don't know what you look like?

I blog to make the kind of visual that only the right words can evoke. I don't post many photos of myself here but I do have instagram. Besides, I don't think people are checking that hard for my lil' face anyway!

Why aren't your family's names posted? Everybody is something Namastè!

I'm a private person. I like to keep a bit of mystery. I write about our life, but I don't give their most personal details because they're just that, theirs. I feel like it's unfair to put their minutiae out for the masses.

Will we see pics of Family Namastè?

Maybe our thumbs. I'm kidding...or am I?

What's been your favorite review so far?

I had so much fun working with the bottles for my review. Look out for it soon. Of the bottles, my favorite is the Mimijumi. It was a lifesaver during the baby's recent nursing strike.

Are you active with social media?

I am getting there. It's still tough to put myself front and center that way! I'm shy, and I'm a private person, and I actually avoid being too present in those things. On my personal Facebook, I have I think 30 friends! I'll be paring that down soon. I have been doing a lot of posts on Instagram, and I interact on the blog's Facebook. There's a snapchat and YouTube I've barely touched yet. I'm a blogger--I just want to write my stuff and that's it.

How often do you write?

Honestly I write as it strikes me. There are days when I churn out 3 or 4 posts,  and there are days-long stretches when I do not write anything. I don't want to hit a rut so I let it bend how it blows.

Will you ever get more personal, share the nitty gritty of your life?

Probably not. Not today anyway. I never know what I'll write until I sit down. Nothing ever has a title until it's finished, and nothing is planned in advance unless it is sponsored.

Do you only review products you like? You never post a bad review.

I honestly prefer to only write about items I would recommend. I wouldn't bring a person to my home just to tell her I don't like her hair--same applies with my blog. If I don't recommend a product, or it doesn't work for me, I will be truthful, but I won't cast a shadow on that brand.

Who or what company was our worst sponsor encounter?

No comment! I'm either VERY nice here or VERY quiet.

Why won't you talk about politics or religion? Those are hot button topics.

No wise woman divides her own home. The blog is like my living room, and I'm having you all over for tea. I don't want y'all tearing up my furniture when the disagreement gets too heated.

If you've got something you'd like to ask, feel free to email me at

NamasteWithTayeK@gmail.com

Namastè!

-- Tayè K. ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment